DIVORCE QUESTIONS ON YOUR MIND


I want to divorce my husband, we have a BTO HDB flat which was handed over only 2 years ago flat. What are the charges like? 

If it's an uncontested divorce, we can keep it to $2500 net. We will need his full cooperation from start till the end. If it's contested, but resolved at an early stage (mediation), the costs can range between $3000 onwards. This depends on how contested it is and at what stage you and your husband come to an agreement.

For the HDB Flat, it depends on whether HDB grants you an exemption for you to sell before the 5 year mark. They go on a case by case basis.

For More Information:

SPLITTING OF HDB FLAT
CPF & HDB STANDARD QUERIES
If I file for interim custody without applying to divorce, does it help me in getting my child custody in future? 

As you will not be getting divorced anytime soon and your child is your biggest concern, having interim custody, care and control & access would mean that your rights to the child is preserved at this stage. This situation could have some bearing on the longer term custody.

For More Information:

CHILD CUSTODY: THE WELFARE PRINCIPLE
I want to divorce my husband, what maintenance can I claim from him?

Spousal Maintenance depends on many factors, such as your age, your income, his income, your needs, length of marriage, and your ability to work. There's no straightforward answer to this. Only a divorce lawyer ca do an in-depth analysis after analyzing your circumstances.

For More Information:


QUICK FACTS ON SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE
I want to divorce my husband, what are my rights?

When you divorce from your spouse, you may have claims to the following:

SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE IN SINGAPORE
CARE AND CONTROL OF CHILDREN
DIVISION OF MATRIMONIAL ASSETS

DIVORCE QUESTIONS ON YOUR MIND DIVORCE QUESTIONS ON YOUR MIND Reviewed by Divorce Law Singapore on 2/24/2016 Rating: 5

No comments: